Outcome of the Chromium ESG Technical Summit
The first ever ESG Technical Conference for professionals in the chromium industry has been a success!
40 participants spent an intellectually stimulating time on 18-19 October 2023 in Lulea, Sweden:
- discussing decarbonisation solutions such as the use of sustainably sourced biocarbon as a reductant,
- listening to their peers present on their company’s green transition,
- debating the very important issue of protecting human rights across the chromium value chain,
- learning why a sustainable workforce and mental health are paramount to creating safe workplaces and efficient teams,
- discovering the potential of ferrochrome by-products to support the circular economy and the potential of AI tools to support decarbonisation pathways.